Visiting the dentist at regular intervals and following a daily cleaning plan greatly increases the likelihood that you will keep your teeth into your old age. Catching the problem before there is too much damage can only be achieved if you visit the dentist. If you have any doubts make an appointment right away and let us deal with your problems
Scaling and Polishing regularly by your dentist helps keep our teeth and gums healthy and your smile whiter. Scaling removes the hard tartar which cannot be removed by brushing. Stains from coffee, tea, cigarettes or red wine are removed with the polishing
At your dental exam we will help and explain for you with:
- What is Good Oral Hygiene
- Taking Care of Your Teeth
- Eight Steps to Dental Health
- Family Guide to Oral Health
- Smart Snacks for Healthy Teeth
- Oral health and overall health:
- Why a healthy mouth is good for your body
- Soda or Pop? It’s Teeth Trouble by Any Name
- Mouth-Healthy Eating
Digital Dental X-Rays
It’s high performance technology that’s environmentally friendly (no more film or chemicals), reduces exposure to radiation and allows more chairside time with patients.
What Is the Right Way to Brush?
Proper brushing takes at least two minutes — that’s right, 120 seconds! Most adults do not come close to brushing that long. To get a feel for the time involved, try using a stopwatch.
To properly brush your teeth, use short, gentle strokes, paying extra attention to the gumline, hard-to-reach back teeth and areas around fillings, crowns or other restoration. Concentrate on thoroughly cleaning each section as follows:
- Clean the outer surfaces of your upper teeth, then your lower teeth
- Clean the inner surfaces of your upper teeth, then your lower teeth
- Clean the chewing surfaces
- For fresher breath, be sure to brush your tongue, too
What is the Right Way to Floss?
- Proper flossing removes plaque and food particles in places where a toothbrush cannot easily reach — under the gumline and between your teeth.
- Because plaque build-up can lead to tooth decay and gum disease, daily flossing is highly recommended.
Provided by Dentist Dr. Eizadi, DDS providing dental services to North County San Diego, Solana Beach, Del Mar and residents in Carmel Valley.